Happy Halloween! It’s the last day of the October Blogging Challenge so the posts from now on will be super random and crazy. Yesterday, I gave a sneak peek of sorts to Little Man’s Halloween costume. I didn’t dress up this year but I have big plans next year (hopefully they work out). Like I said previously, I did NOT take my baby trick or treating, we just handed out candy.On to Little Man’s costume…he was a PUMPKIN!
See how the orange shirt and camo pants kinda make sense now?
He’s in the phase of copying people’s facial expressions so it’s hard to tell what he’ll look like in pictures anymore. He left the costume on for about half an hour then started getting fussy so we took a ton of pictures then took it off of him.
I have no idea why I’m looking up so high…
They are weird.
It turned out that Little Man just wanted a bottle.
That’s our Halloween. How was yours? What did you dress yourself/family/kids up as? Let me know! See you back here tomorrow!
It’s Thankful Thursday again folks! If you’re just tuning in, I got my blogging challenge from here. This Thankful Thursday is going to be a big list of the things I love and couldn’t live without…not mom things like last time…just anything. So in no specific order, here are 10 random things I’m thankful for:
- Dr. Pepper and any remake of it– I’m not sure when I first had Dr. Pepper but it was a great day. I’ve gone like a week without Dr. Pepper and I feel like I’m dying.
- Empowering music– you know, those songs that you know every word to and listen to when you’re pissed or depressed and just yell the lyrics? Yeah, a lot of those songs have gotten me through everything.
- Pajama pants/ sweat pants– I don’t wear them out in public but as soon as I get into my bedroom, I change immediately. The feeling of pajamas is super relaxing in itself. I’m currently sporting a pair of DC pajama pants from like 5 years ago. I’m more of a Marvel fan but there were no Marvel pants in my size in the men’s section (being almost 6 feet tall I get my pajamas from there so I know they’re long enough).
- My cell phone– I know, how cliche of me. Having a baby at the stage he’s at, I’m glad I have a camera at the ready because who knows when he’ll do whatever he’s doing again!
- Pinterest– again, super cliche, another blogger talking about Pinterest. HAVE YOU SEEN THAT WEBSITE?! If you turn up your nose or get all judgey of the people that talk about Pinterest, you probably haven’t visited the site. If you don’t like Pinterest, you should probably go be sad and boring elsewhere.
- Internet humor– I LOVE the internet humor I see now! Like white girls and can’t even, Dwight Schrute memes, anything and everything! Well, the stuff I understand. I don’t understand the Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, or Doctor Who stuff because I haven’t watched those shows.
- Frozen– yes, the super popular Disney movie from last year. Have you seen it? I love everything about it! Plus, my son will watch the whole movie and sometimes fall asleep while we’re in the car (our relatives live about an hour away and Little Man hates his car seat).
- Fashion– I don’t have the money for the wardrobe I want, but I really love looking at outfits that people put together and trying to figure out if I could make it work with what I have.
- Mom Blogs– I am SO thankful for blogs written by moms! While I was pregnant, I must’ve read thousands of them! Heck, now I read thousands. It’s nice to be able to reference another person’s experiences in certain situations (teething, baby poop, colic).
- Tutorials/checklists– the people that write these two things are awesome. It helps to reference multiple ones to see what I should pack for a weekend away, or things to things about when you’re about to move, or how to make a bracelet, or how I can easily style my hair (still none that don’t require French braids or some variation), or how to follow a crochet pattern (still haven’t completed a project yet).
What random things are you thankful for? Anything about my things bother or interest you? Let me know in the comments! See you tomorrow for the final day of the October Blogging Challenge!
Well, yesterday’s post in the October Blogging Challenge was a day in the life. I purposely missed it because we did NOTHING yesterday and I’m glad I skipped it because today was EVENTFUL! First, I got the first clear picture of the baby’s tooth he has coming in! That might seem silly, but he’s been working on that thing since JULY people!
See it on our left (his right)?!
Blurry picture of said tooth.
Little Man being seven months old has been working on standing for a while but he would never grab a hold of anything to pull himself up except mine and my husband’s hands. Until I put him in his pack n play to go make dinner…
Ignore the background.
Lastly, we had trick or treating locally tonight. Before you ask, I am NOT one of those parents that takes their baby trick or treating. Seriously, come on people, we all know you’re gonna eat the candy. Just wait until the day after Halloween and go to Walmart for the half off sale. We sat on my dad’s porch and handed out candy and then had dinner afterward. Since tomorrow’s topic is Halloween costume, I’ll give you a quick glimpse.
He was playing with the dogs at my dad’s. Yes, I realize that he doesn’t really match but the costume ties it all together…minus the red socks…
I’ll write another post for today’s topic in the challenge since this one got a bit long…
Happy Hump Day (btw, I don’t understand that)! I missed yesterday’s post but I’ll make it up in just a few minutes. BUT FIRST, I found this AWESOME blog yesterday and you HAVE to read it! She has the same sense of humor that I do, so I pretty much DIE laughing while I’m reading. Now to the October Blogging Challenge!
Yesterday’s post was top tips for a new blogger. I only have two tips that I can think of, since I’m a new blogger too. First of all, be yourself. I feel like it’s super obvious when people are fake whether it’s in writing or in real life. My second tip is don’t expect perfection. There will be posts that get read multiple times by the same person then there will be some that only the most loyal of readers will read, and that’s perfectly okay!
Now for today’s post, the topic is my favorite beauty products. I think of beauty products as makeup, hair care, and skin care. I like looking at beauty products but I rarely buy or use them. When I do buy/use them, I usually buy brands that are cheaper and do what they’re supposed to do without the added flair and excitement. In makeup, I usually go with CoverGirl or NYC. My current hair care products are Aussie and Garnier Fructis. Sadly, I don’t currently have a skin care regimen, which should probably change because I’ve had very acne prone skin my whole life except when I was pregnant.
So what are your tips for new bloggers? What are your favorite beauty products? Let me know! I’ll see you back here tomorrow for another post!
I’ll leave you with this adorable picture of Little Man cuddling his blankie.
Well it’s Sunday, sorry people with Monday through Friday jobs. Today’s post in the October Blogging Challenge is weekend highlights and I actually had a fun night this weekend!
Have you heard of the movie Rocky Horror Picture Show? If you haven’t, I highly recommend it…unless you don’t like musicals, humor, or Susan Sarandon’s singing (that last one is a little hard to get past). Anyway, since a few years after the movie came out, there have been showings. Basically, you go to a theatre with a big group of people that may or may not be dressed as characters from the movie and watch the movie. BUT it’s slightly interactive, like there are lines you yell during the movie and items you throw at the screen at certain parts. I’m terrible at describing it but it was SUPER fun! You should totally find out where there is one near you and go! My brother and I went (we didn’t dress up) and we’re already trying to get a large group and costumes together for next year’s showing! I didn’t get many pictures because you have to turn your cell phone off (like in all movie theaters).
We sat in front of a wall so no one would have the screen blocked by our tall selves. We’re so considerate.
See you tomorrow for my next post!
Well, I’ve missed a few days again. I’m working on learning to crochet so I get focused on that and completely blank on writing for my blog or on the story I’ve been working on. I just posted the Wordless Wednesday post that I missed so I’ll fill in the rest of the October Blogging Challenge now!
I don’t really have a favorite past Halloween costume. I was a cheerleader for a few years (stupid idea when it’s cold as all get out in late October) but other than that, I never really dressed up.
My top 5 favorite workout songs are Think Good Thoughts by Colbie Caillat, It Stops Today by Colbie Caillat, You Make Me Feel Like A Star (Lizzie Mix) by The Beu Sisters, Whipped Into Shape from the Legally Blonde Musical, and Bellas Finals from Pitch Perfect. Mind you, the exercise I do to these is either dance around the kitchen, sing super loud while driving, or attempt to not fall while singing loudly in the shower.
I have to be honest on this one, my most favorite thing about the holidays is the food. I’m a fat kid at heart (I would be in real life but luckily my genetics gave me a fast metabolism) so I love the fact that I now have to attend 3 Thanksgivings and 5 Christmases. Plus, I love seeing family, especially my side to see how much all the kids are growing (my son is the only grandbaby that visits often on my husband’s side).
That’s my catch up post. Tomorrow’s post (weekend highlights) will be GREAT because I did something super exciting this weekend! See you then!