I’m a HUGE Disney fan. I would say I’ve seen every movie but that’s not true at all. Did you know there are 534 Disney movies, not including Star Wars and Marvel but including Disney Channel Original Movies?! That’s a LOT of movies; I’ve seen maybe 125-150 of them. But my children have seen maybe 20, so I absolutely HAD to change that. I made a list of movies I know they haven’t seen but would enjoy, movies they’ve seen but not much, and movies they’ve seen and loved. Oh, they also had to be movies I could stand so you won’t find Sleeping Beauty (she’s only in the movie for like 20 minutes!) or the Toy Story movies (I just didn’t like them) on our list. To go with this list, I’m incorporating a snack (or dinner in the case of Lady and the Tramp) to go with each movie.
Tonight was our first night, we watched Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and our snack was Snow White’s Candy Apples. Andrew really enjoyed the movie and Adam sat still a pretty good amount, which is a good sign for him. Andrew told me after the movie that he “thought it was scary but really great!” They also loved the snacks, but it has sugar in it so that’s no surprise. I’ll post our list once I get it all figured out, I’m still working on pairing snacks with movies. Hercules was very difficult at first!
Our version of Snow White’s Candy Apples
Gooood evening. I hope you read that in a Dracula voice. Happy Friday everyone! I’m going to continue to do the October Blogging Challenge, today’s topic is ten things not many people know about you. Here we go!
- I went to Basic Training for the Army National Guard in 2010, but didn’t finish.
- I think this is the longest I’ve stuck with a monthly challenge.
- I have no female friends that I can hang out with, I mostly hang out with my brother, husband, or my husband’s friends.
- I know more about superheroes (specifically Marvel but some DC) than any girl should. If I don’t know something, I text my brother (he’s basically an expert).
- I’m TERRIBLE at comma placement. I either overuse or under use.
- I’m mostly a tomboy but there are days when I really want to dress up.
- I watch Disney Princess movies probably more than any adult should. My favorites are Frozen, Tangled, Mulan (though she isn’t really a princess), and Beauty and the Beast.
- Motherhood didn’t really change me like it does for some women. I still find the same jokes funny and I don’t think all babies are cute.
- I’m currently writing a story based off of this picture I found on Pinterest.
- I love pasta, but for some reason I’m not a big fan of Olive Garden.
Well, those are 10 things not many people know about me. What kind of things does not everyone now about you? Let me know! See you tomorrow for the post of the day!
Today is the last day of September meaning it’s the last day of the September Blogging Challenge. If you’d like to do the October Blogging Challenge, click here. Today’s topic is 30 random facts about yourself so let’s go!
- My birthday is in winter but I hate wintertime.
- I’m a natural redhead and I’ve heard almost every joke about it (if you think you have a new one, comment. I like a good joke.).
- When I was younger, I wouldn’t have pictured my life the way it is now.
- I’ve lived in Germany and used to speak fluent German. I can only count to ten in German now.
- Because I lived there, I can’t donate blood, something about the possibility of mad cow disease (even though it was 20 years ago).
- I’m 5 feet 11 inches and I’ve actually met females taller than me.
- I’m the oldest but shortest of my blood siblings.
- My best friend is 5 feet 2 inches and I don’t think the height difference has ever phased us.
- I attended one year of college at West Liberty University and hate that I never went back.
- I’m 23 and I love Disney movies. Anna from Frozen could seriously be me (but I’m not gonna sue anyone like that one lady is doing).
- I have a hard time getting motivated to do lots of things.
- My two favorite beverages are Dr. Pepper and chocolate milk (not together of course).
- I hate having ice in my drink when I go out to eat. Just so you know, the drink comes out of the machine at a cool enough temperature and water dilutes the drink.
- A lot of small things about people anger me, which makes me not be able to stand those people for long periods of time.
- I’m planning on Disneybounding myself and my son for the month of December. Don’t know what Disneybounding is? Click here. More on that toward the end of November.
- I LOVE Stargate SG-1, not obsessive love but I could probably watch it over and over again.
- Romantic comedies are my favorite type of movie.
- My favorite animal is a penguin. I wanted to do my son’s room in a penguin/ice blue/gray theme but I wasn’t able to.
- I’ve never paid for my own car.
- I count Burger King as my first job even though I had one before it.
- I still listen to music that I listened to in high school.
- I make a lot of lists.
- I start planning things extremely early.
- I like being early to things (but thanks to my husband, we hardly ever are).
- I love how well my son is developing but sometimes I wish he wasn’t able to move himself around again.
- I’ve dated a few guys that I probably shouldn’t have but I don’t regret it because I believe that everything happens for a reason.
- I hope to be a wedding planner or interior designer sometime in my life.
- I love weddings but I’ve only been to 3 and I was in all of them.
- I’m currently working on watching about 5 tv series’s on Netflix.
- I’m a horribly judgmental person (at least I admit it).
Feel free to comment on any of these facts! See you tomorrow for the new challenge!