It’s Thankful Thursday again folks! If you’re just tuning in, I got my blogging challenge from here. This Thankful Thursday is going to be a big list of the things I love and couldn’t live without…not mom things like last time…just anything. So in no specific order, here are 10 random things I’m thankful for:
- Dr. Pepper and any remake of it– I’m not sure when I first had Dr. Pepper but it was a great day. I’ve gone like a week without Dr. Pepper and I feel like I’m dying.
- Empowering music– you know, those songs that you know every word to and listen to when you’re pissed or depressed and just yell the lyrics? Yeah, a lot of those songs have gotten me through everything.
- Pajama pants/ sweat pants– I don’t wear them out in public but as soon as I get into my bedroom, I change immediately. The feeling of pajamas is super relaxing in itself. I’m currently sporting a pair of DC pajama pants from like 5 years ago. I’m more of a Marvel fan but there were no Marvel pants in my size in the men’s section (being almost 6 feet tall I get my pajamas from there so I know they’re long enough).
- My cell phone– I know, how cliche of me. Having a baby at the stage he’s at, I’m glad I have a camera at the ready because who knows when he’ll do whatever he’s doing again!
- Pinterest– again, super cliche, another blogger talking about Pinterest. HAVE YOU SEEN THAT WEBSITE?! If you turn up your nose or get all judgey of the people that talk about Pinterest, you probably haven’t visited the site. If you don’t like Pinterest, you should probably go be sad and boring elsewhere.
- Internet humor– I LOVE the internet humor I see now! Like white girls and can’t even, Dwight Schrute memes, anything and everything! Well, the stuff I understand. I don’t understand the Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, or Doctor Who stuff because I haven’t watched those shows.
- Frozen– yes, the super popular Disney movie from last year. Have you seen it? I love everything about it! Plus, my son will watch the whole movie and sometimes fall asleep while we’re in the car (our relatives live about an hour away and Little Man hates his car seat).
- Fashion– I don’t have the money for the wardrobe I want, but I really love looking at outfits that people put together and trying to figure out if I could make it work with what I have.
- Mom Blogs– I am SO thankful for blogs written by moms! While I was pregnant, I must’ve read thousands of them! Heck, now I read thousands. It’s nice to be able to reference another person’s experiences in certain situations (teething, baby poop, colic).
- Tutorials/checklists– the people that write these two things are awesome. It helps to reference multiple ones to see what I should pack for a weekend away, or things to things about when you’re about to move, or how to make a bracelet, or how I can easily style my hair (still none that don’t require French braids or some variation), or how to follow a crochet pattern (still haven’t completed a project yet).
What random things are you thankful for? Anything about my things bother or interest you? Let me know in the comments! See you tomorrow for the final day of the October Blogging Challenge!
Today is the last day of September meaning it’s the last day of the September Blogging Challenge. If you’d like to do the October Blogging Challenge, click here. Today’s topic is 30 random facts about yourself so let’s go!
- My birthday is in winter but I hate wintertime.
- I’m a natural redhead and I’ve heard almost every joke about it (if you think you have a new one, comment. I like a good joke.).
- When I was younger, I wouldn’t have pictured my life the way it is now.
- I’ve lived in Germany and used to speak fluent German. I can only count to ten in German now.
- Because I lived there, I can’t donate blood, something about the possibility of mad cow disease (even though it was 20 years ago).
- I’m 5 feet 11 inches and I’ve actually met females taller than me.
- I’m the oldest but shortest of my blood siblings.
- My best friend is 5 feet 2 inches and I don’t think the height difference has ever phased us.
- I attended one year of college at West Liberty University and hate that I never went back.
- I’m 23 and I love Disney movies. Anna from Frozen could seriously be me (but I’m not gonna sue anyone like that one lady is doing).
- I have a hard time getting motivated to do lots of things.
- My two favorite beverages are Dr. Pepper and chocolate milk (not together of course).
- I hate having ice in my drink when I go out to eat. Just so you know, the drink comes out of the machine at a cool enough temperature and water dilutes the drink.
- A lot of small things about people anger me, which makes me not be able to stand those people for long periods of time.
- I’m planning on Disneybounding myself and my son for the month of December. Don’t know what Disneybounding is? Click here. More on that toward the end of November.
- I LOVE Stargate SG-1, not obsessive love but I could probably watch it over and over again.
- Romantic comedies are my favorite type of movie.
- My favorite animal is a penguin. I wanted to do my son’s room in a penguin/ice blue/gray theme but I wasn’t able to.
- I’ve never paid for my own car.
- I count Burger King as my first job even though I had one before it.
- I still listen to music that I listened to in high school.
- I make a lot of lists.
- I start planning things extremely early.
- I like being early to things (but thanks to my husband, we hardly ever are).
- I love how well my son is developing but sometimes I wish he wasn’t able to move himself around again.
- I’ve dated a few guys that I probably shouldn’t have but I don’t regret it because I believe that everything happens for a reason.
- I hope to be a wedding planner or interior designer sometime in my life.
- I love weddings but I’ve only been to 3 and I was in all of them.
- I’m currently working on watching about 5 tv series’s on Netflix.
- I’m a horribly judgmental person (at least I admit it).
Feel free to comment on any of these facts! See you tomorrow for the new challenge!
Being the age I am (23), I still have friends on social media that do monthly picture challenges. Since I’m a mom, a majority (probably a good 29 out of 30) of the pictures would be of my son and let’s be honest, that would bother some people.
How could this face bother someone?!
So I googled September Blogging Challenges and found the one I’m about to do (list found at this AWESOME blog). By the way, I do realize that it’s already the 22nd but that still leaves 8 days of things to talk about.
Today’s topic is songs I currently have on repeat.
Now I am a MAJOR fan of musicals, I haven’t seen them all (and none on stage) but I’m working on it. I’ve never seen the Legally Blonde musical but my best friend Tera introduced me to this song and I fell in love. I was listening to it in the car today and did an extra lap around the block so I could hear the whole song, we all know what that’s like.
Can we just talk about how GORGEOUS her voice is?!
I’m a CRAZY Disney nut and Frozen is by far my favorite Disney movie. Anna has the exact weirdness that I have!
That’s all the songs that are on repeat for me today, but I’ll be back here tomorrow. Same bat time, same bat channel (bad old tv series reference)